IEEE WIE AG - ITALY SECTION - Metrology for Automotive 2022
with a Special Focus on Metrology for Automotive
Dajana Cassioli, University of L'Aquila, IEEE WIE Italy Section AG Chair
Roberta di Pace, University of Salerno, Italy
The event aims to bring into light the impact of gender diversity in the Automotive sector and encourage discussion around how gender-based differences should be taken into account and can be transformed into a value.
During the session, the WIE Commitment Chart "Steering girls to STEM" will be presented. A particular focus will be given to point 8 of the commitment chart: "demonstration of the advantages derived from female presence in working realities" and how it relates to the Automotive Sector. To this aim, the speakers from Industry will bring their views on gender diversity impact in the Automotive sector.
Topics include, but are not limited to:
- The gender impact on automotive measurements and testing (e.g. on level of comfort and vigilance of the driver and passengers)
- The gender impact on automotive design
- Gender-inspired approaches to measurements design in automotive
- Gender-based different approaches to the interaction with physical and virtual systems
- Practical guidelines in gender-aware sensors and system design for automotive (e.g. automatic gender recognition) or testing methodologies
- Gender aware design and implementation of laboratory tests
16:00 - 16:05 - IEEE WIE Italy Section Affinity Group
Dajana Cassioli, Chair
16:05 - 16:45 - Round Table
Chair: Claudia Canali, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia
Filomena Floriana Ferrara, Corporate Social Responsibility Country Manager & Master Inventor IBM Italia
Darya Majidi, CEO Daxo Group and Donne 4.0 President
Lia VanZant, Distribution Engineer - Burns & McDonnell
Beatrice Pulvirenti, Alma Mater Studiorum - University of Bologna
Grazia Iadarola, Polytechnic University of Marche
Participation in the WIE panel session is FREE OF CHARGE!
The event will be held in hybrid mode. HERE the direct link to the Teams Meeting.