IEEE WIE AG - ITALY SECTION - Metrology for Automotive 2021
with a Special Focus on Metrology for Automotive
The event aims to bring into light the impact of gender diversity in the Automotive sector and encourage discussion around how gender-based differences should be taken into account and can be transformed into a value.
During the session, the WIE Commitment Chart "Steering girls to STEM" will be presented. A particular focus will be given to point 8 of the commitment chart: "demonstration of the advantages derived from female presence in working realities", and how it relates to the Automotive Sector. To this aim, two guest speakers from Industry will bring their views on gender diversity impact in the Automotive sector.
Technical presentations will be selected to present recent results from scientific and technological research for the automotive industry, which considers gender-related methodologies, approaches and measurements, and their impact on the design of applications and new trends.
The Session will close with a round table discussion to collect thoughts around the topics and themes touched during the event. Outputs of the round table will be given back as input to the next edition of the WIE Commitment Chart.
Topics include, but are not limited to:
- The gender impact on automotive measurements and testing (e.g. on level of comfort and vigilance of the driver and passengers)
- The gender impact on automotive design
- Gender-inspired approaches to measurements design in automotive
- Gender-based different approaches to the interaction with physical and virtual systems;
- Practical guidelines in gender-aware sensors and system design for automotive (e.g. automatic gender recognition) or testing methodologies;
- Gender aware design and implementation of laboratory tests.
Cristina E. Costa (SENSE Unit, FBK - Fondazione Bruno Kessler, Trento)
Roberta di Pace (Dipartimento di Ingegneria Civile/DICIV, Università degli Studi di Salerno)
10' (Intro) - IEEE WIE AG - ITALY SECTION
Introduction to the WIE Committment Chart "Steering girls to STEM"
Guest Talk 1: Anita FIORENTINO [FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles]
The gender impact on automotive design [ 15’ (talk) + 5’ (question)]
Guest Talk 2: Lina LONGHITANO [Senior Manager, Mercedes Benz AG]
Title TBD [ 15’ (talk) + 5’ (question)]
Research/Technical contributions [ 10’ (talk) + 5’ (question) each]
Closing round table 'Sharing idea with experienced'.
Discussion around point 8 of the commitment chart:
'demonstration of the advantages derived from female presence in working realities'
[30' - round table + questions]